Friday, October 22, 2010

Immigrants help each other whenever we can

     Many kinds of races live in U.S.A. Living away from their countries is very difficult: different culture, language, personal appearance, and foods. Immigrants don't know many things,  therefore they encounter many difficult situations. They need help  and they sometimes get it from other immigrants.

     I have got the some experiences. One of those was almost eight months after I came to the U.S. I lived small town lives with few Asians  . There are only a few taxis or buses so if I went somewhere, I waited a long time. I had to drive a car because the reason. I needed a car, drive licence so I took driving test. I could speaking, listening English little bit. After pass a written examination by my original language, I asked about driving test to an examiner. After the examiner talked with me for sort time, the examiner didn't arrow my next test, driving test. she,the examiner said, "I couldn't allow your driving test because terrible your English speaking."  She told me that so rudely. I was disappointed and upset, but I couldn't do anything.


     I came back home and called a neighbor, my friend. My friend was an immigrant,A Korean woman, and good English speaker. I talked about happened that day to her and she wanted to help me. after that, she took me and met the examiner. She was a fluent English speaker. I didn't know well what they talked, but I knew she would make good result. She wanted to help me strongly, therefore persuaded the examiner. Finally, the examiner allowed me to get the test. After I practiced hard, I passed the test and got driving licence. I had a few other experiences like that immigrants help each other.

    When you really need help,when someone helps you, even though they don't know you well is precious, noble spirit. I hope immigrants help each other although they are tired,busy, difficult in their lives in U.S. I hope our children  learn to have a good helping spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment